October 31, 2008

Innovation, Part 1

I'm a huge fan of innovation in any form, and always appreciate people who rethink their medium in a whole new way. This is never any easy thing to do, and many good intentions fall short of their expectations, but that's the nature of trying to reinvent the wheel. Although every now and then some people cut through the odds and end up on the other side with something exceptional. One individual I stumbled upon is luthier Rick Toone.

I've been a guitarist for a long time and have a pretty big obsession with the instrument itself. Having probably searched the internet for every guitar image one could imagine, Rick's strike me as completely unique, I definitely recommend taking a look at his work. These are a few of his own photos from his website.


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Jesse. Appreciation runs both directions.