September 28, 2009

Clean again.

After a few long days of some serious cleaning it's time to get back to work. Truth be told, my shop space is very very small, less than 100 square feet. On top of that there is no ventilation, or was no ventilation. I set up a very nice air filtration system with a HEPA filter, I can already tell the difference in air quality, as I don't have to wear a mask just to be in there... the air can get thick with chemicals, fumes and dust really fast.

It's easy to overlook creating a healthy work environment when you're working by yourself or in a very small business, but it is critical. Here (Gnoksin) is a great in depth article that really concerns the safety of anyone working with precious metals. It's a long read, but very informative.

Here are a few pictures from SoWa, cause I know everyone loves pictures!

0 comments: